How do I request a medication or obtain a refill?
We take pride in providing the highest standard of care to our patients and take our responsibility of providing you with medication very seriously.
We encourage patients to review their medications and obtain refills during their regularly scheduled appointment.
If you have questions, or need a refill, please request through your patient portal. You may also call (860) 889-7345 ext 1157. The Physicians must approve all medications. Please allow us adequate time to process your request, and call between 8AM-3PM. We will review your chart and verify the accuracy of your prescription prior to calling your pharmacy. Once RX is reviewed and approved we will call to your designated pharmacy.
Refill Requests/Plan Ahead:
Requests for refills require planning on your part. Please avoid waiting until you are out of your medicine before calling us. Plan ahead and call us three (3) business days in advance. Refill requests take 48 hours to process.
Requests for new medications, or one different from what you are now taking, may take up to 48 hours to process.
- If you believe you are having an allergic reaction to a medication, please call our telephone nurse immediately at (860) 889-7345, or go to the Emergency Room.
- Prescriptions will not be refilled at night, on weekends, or on holidays.
- We can not call in prescriptions for narcotics, such as Percodan, Percocet, Hydrocodone, Tylox, Oxycontin. If appropriate, your doctor will:
- Write a prescription that can be picked up (Photo ID required).
- If you are taking more than the prescribed dose, the prescription will not be refilled.
- If you are taking pain medication or an anti-inflammatory prescribed at another office, let us know.
- Lost or stolen prescriptions and/or medications will not be replaced.
- Medications will not be provided to patients who have not been seen by the Physician in the past 6 months.
When you call:
To better serve you, please leave the following information when you call:
- Your full name (and spell last name)
- Date of birth
- Phone number where you will be available if we have questions
- Physician you see at Orthopedic Partners
- Name of prescription(s)
- Pharmacy and location
- Any medication allergies
- Email address
Schedule yours today!
To schedule an appointment with a Physician, call the following:
(860) 889-7345 or contact us through your patient portal.
- If your insurance company requires a referral, please obtain it from your pcp prior to your appointment.
- A minimum notice of 24 hours for appointment cancellation is appreciated.
Please bring to your appointment:
- Films, reports, test results and previous records which pertain to this appointment
- Insurance card(s)
- Co-payment required by your insurance company
- List of current medications and dosages
- Comfortable clothing to access area of examination
- In addition: If Workers’ Compensation, then please also bring:
- Copy of first report of injury
- Claim #, Insurance Company and Adjustors, name, address and phone number. For more information you may go to: State of CT Workers’ Comp
Orthopedic Partners complies with Public Act No. 08-167 concerning the confidentiality of social security numbers. For more information you may go to: http://www.cga.ct.gov/2008/ACT/PA/2008PA-00167-R00HB-05658-PA.htm
When will my surgery be scheduled?
After you and your physician discuss surgery, the doctor will notify the surgical department. A surgical coordinator will call you to select a date and complete the arrangements.
Will I see the doctor again before surgery?
Yes. The surgical coordinator will make an office appointment for you to see the doctor to explain your surgery and sign an operative consent. You will receive all of your surgical instructions at this time.
Do I need blood work for the surgery?
You may need routine tests done, depending on your age, health condition and type of surgery. These tests may include blood work, EKG, urinalysis and chest x-ray.
How will I know what time my surgery is?
You will be asked to call the surgical facility the day before your surgery for your arrival time. (If your surgery is on a Monday, call Friday).
Are there dietary restrictions before surgery?
You cannot have anything to eat or drink after midnight before your surgery, unless otherwise instructed by our physician.
DISCRIMINATION IS AGAINST THE LAW
Orthopedic Partners (OP) complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. (OP) does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
(OP) provides support and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
• Qualified sign language interpreters;
• Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
(OP) provides language services, upon advance request, to people whose primary language is not English.
If you need these services, contact (OP) Compliance Officer.
• Name: Katherine Hackett
• Mailing Address: 82 New Park Avenue, North Franklin, CT 06254-1807
• Telephone number: (860) 889-7345
• Fax: (860) 885-7229
If you believe that (OP) has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with our (OP) Compliance Officer. You can file a grievance in person or by mail or fax. If you need help filing a grievance, (OP) Compliance Officer is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf , or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD).
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
ATTENTION: If you speak English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you.
Call (860) 889-7345 ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-(860) 889-7345
ATENÇÃO: Se fala português, encontram-se disponíveis serviços linguísticos, grátis.
Ligue para 1–(860) 889-7345 UWAGA: Jeżeli mówisz po polsku, możesz skorzystać z bezpłatnej pomocy językowej. Zadzwoń pod numer 1–(860) 889-7345
請致電 1–(860) 889-7345 ATTENZIONE: In caso la lingua parlata sia l’italiano, sono disponibili servizi di assistenza linguistica gratuiti.
Chiamare il numero 1–(860) 889-7345
ATTENTION : Si vous parlez français, des services d’aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement.
Appelez le 1–(860) 889-7345 ATANSYON: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou.
Rele 1–(860) 889-7345
ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные услуги перевода. Звоните 1–(860) 889-7345 CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn.
Gọi số 1–(860) 889-7345
لحوظة: إذا كنت تتحدث اذكر اللغة، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغویة تتوافر لك بالمجان.
اتصل برقم 1- -(860) 889-7345 주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다.
KUJDES: Nëse flitni shqip, për ju ka në dispozicion shërbime të asistencës gjuhësore, pa pagesë. Telefononi në 1–(860) 889-7345 ध्यान द�: य�द आप �हदी बोलते ह � तो आपके िलए मुफ्त म� भाषा सहायता सेवाएं उपलब्ध ह।�
PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad.
Tumawag sa 1–(860) 889-7345 ΠΡΟΣΟΧΗ: Αν μιλάτε ελληνικά, στη διάθεσή σας βρίσκονται υπηρεσίες γλωσσικής υποστήριξης, οι οποίες παρέχονται δωρεάν. Καλέστε 1–(860) 889-7345