After you and your physician discuss surgery, the doctor will notify the surgical department. A surgical coordinator will call you to select a date and complete the arrangements.
Yes. The surgical coordinator will make an office appointment for you to see the doctor to explain your surgery and sign an operative consent. You will receive all of your surgical instructions at this time.
ou may need routine tests done, depending on your age, health condition and type of surgery. These tests may include blood work, EKG, urinalysis and chest x-ray
You will be asked to call the surgical facility the day before your surgery for your arrival time. (If your surgery is on a Monday, call Friday).
You cannot have anything to eat or drink after midnight before your surgery, unless otherwise instructed by our physician.
How To Make An Appointment
Use your convenient 24/7 Patient Portal! To schedule an appointment with a Physician, call the following: (860) 889-7345 or contact us through your patient portal. Important:
- If your insurance company requires a referral, please obtain it from your pcp prior to your appointment.
- A minimum notice of 24 hours for appointment cancellation is appreciated.
- Films, reports, test results and previous records which pertain to this appointment
- Insurance card(s)
- Co-payment required by your insurance company
- List of current medications and dosages
- Comfortable clothing to access area of examination
- In addition: If Workers’ Compensation, then please also bring:
- Copy of first report of injury
- Claim #, Insurance Company and Adjustors, name, address and phone number. For more information you may go to: State of CT Workers’ Comp
Prescription Refill Requests FAQ
Refills are can be easily requested through your convenient 24/7 Patient Portal Account. We will process after-hour requests on the next business day (M-F)! Please note: refills may take up to 48 hours to completely process. We take pride in providing the highest standard of care to our patients and take our responsibility of providing you with medication very seriously. We encourage patients to review their medications and obtain refills during their regularly scheduled appointment. If you have questions, or need a refill, please request through your patient portal. You may also call (860) 889-7345 ext 1157. The Physicians must approve all medications. Please allow us adequate time to process your request, and call between 8AM-3PM. We will review your chart and verify the accuracy of your prescription prior to calling your pharmacy. Once RX is reviewed and approved we will call to your designated pharmacy.
Yes. Requests for refills require planning on your part. Please avoid waiting until you are out of your medicine before calling us. Plan ahead and call us three (3) business days in advance. Refill requests take 48 hours to process.
Your 24/7 Patient Portal is an easy way to contact your provider, to request a New Medication! We will review after-hour requests on the next business day (M-F) Requests for new medications, or one different from what you are now taking, may take up to 48 hours to process.
- If you believe you are having an allergic reaction to a medication, please call our telephone nurse immediately at (860) 889-7345, or go to the Emergency Room.
- Prescriptions will not be refilled at night, on weekends, or on holidays.
- If you are taking more than the prescribed dose, the prescription will not be refilled.
- If you are taking pain medication or an anti-inflammatory prescribed at another office, let us know.
- Lost or stolen prescriptions and/or medications will not be replaced.
- Medications will not be provided to patients who have not been seen by the Physician in the past 6 months.
- Your full name (and spell last name)
- Date of birth
- Phone number where you will be available if we have questions
- Physician you see at Orthopedic Partners
- Name of prescription(s)
- Pharmacy and location
- Any medication allergies
- Email address